Achieving our goals can sometimes feel like an unattainable dream, especially when external circumstances are less than favorable or when we feel like we don’t have much control over what’s happening in our lives at the moment. You may already be setting intentions and listening to affirmations, which are both great tools, but sometimes you need something extra to help things along. We all want — and let’s be honest — need something to look forward to in the new year, so now is the perfect time to focus on you and the positive goals or changes you desire.
We believe that it’s every woman’s right to live her best life, so we wanted to provide you with these manifestation techniques. They are essentially rituals or methods that may help supercharge the law of attraction and encourage the flow of positive energies, so you can experience health, happiness and ultimate well-being.
01 — Relaxing Visualization
Before you can manifest, you need to become clear about what you really want. This technique is arguably the most important technique in the manifestation process. You’ll need to set aside at least 20-30 minutes to fully relax so you can let yourself daydream, preferably in bed or another comfortable place where you can lie down and be undisturbed. Law of attraction expert and motivational speaker Gabrielle Bernstein suggests starting this process by asking the Universe to help you let go of negative blocks that are getting in the way of your goals or dreams.
- Imagine your dream — what is it that you truly would like to achieve?
- Then clarify how you want to feel when your goal/change/desire comes into reality, because behind every goal or dream lies the emotion that we want to feel, which is the reason for desire in the first place: We want to feel good. For example, if you want to lose a bit of extra weight, it’s probably not just that you want to lose weight for the sake of losing weight, but that by becoming healthier, you’ll feel happier and more content in your own skin.
- Imagine that you’ve already achieved your goal and really feel the feeling.
A reminder — it’s important that you’re relaxed and not distracted by outside concerns during this process, so why not try our Broad Spectrum CBD Softgels before you begin, to help promote balance in your body and mind?
02 — Dream/Vision Board
If you’ve seen or read “The Secret,” you’re likely already familiar with this one. A dream or vision board is essentially a tool that you create, either physically using paper or poster board, or online using a vision board website or app. You can cut out pictures from magazines or use photos that show what you’d like to achieve or manifest, such as your ideal home, trips you’d like to take, healthy changes you might like to make or anything else that calls to your heart. It’s your chance to really focus on what you’d like to manifest in your life.
Some people have different boards for their short-term and long-term life goals, so think about how you’d like to arrange things. Remember that your vision or dream board is your sacred space, so there’s no need to hold back! If you already happen to have a dream or vision board, it’s also a good idea to take time at the beginning of the new year to review your achievements so far and see if there are any adjustments you want to make or goals and dreams you’d like to add.
03 — The Focus Wheel
No matter how often you visualize or repeat your affirmations, there are bound to be times when you lose your way and just can’t seem to focus on the positive. A focus wheel could be the tool you need to help you maintain a positive vibrational alignment with your goals and desires or to shift your vibration when you feel deluged by negative thoughts.
First suggested by law of attraction teacher Abraham-Hicks in the book “Ask and It Is Given” as a way to quickly and effectively increase feelings of joy, the focus wheel will help you get into the receiving mode, something many of us struggle with during the manifesting process.
You can find focus wheel apps online, but you can also make your own by drawing a big circle on a piece of paper that’s at least letter size. Here’s what to do:
- On the inside of the circle, draw another smaller circle, then divide the outer circle into 12 equal parts by drawing lines connecting the outer circle to the inner circle — the end result should resemble a wheel with spokes.
- Think about your intention and write it in the center circle. Then, in each of the 12 parts, you will focus on whatever positive feelings come up when you think about your intention, and write down 12 positive statements that support your intention. For example, if your intention is to start eating a healthier diet, you’d write that in the smaller circle, and then in the 12 parts you’d write statements that are aligned with this goal, like “I appreciate and love my healthy body” or “I love giving my body healthy and nutritious foods.”
- Try to take time every day to focus on and read your statements out loud to cement your intention and keep your focus on your goals.
04 — Gratitude Journal
We’ve all heard a lot about the importance of gratitude, but it’s not enough to just think about what we’re grateful for every now and then. Gratitude is one of the most important steps in the manifesting process. We’re usually so busy writing intentions and focusing on what we want that we often don’t take time to appreciate what we already have. A gratitude journal is a private place for you to write down everything you’re grateful for once a day (usually at night is best). You can keep a written journal or download a free gratitude journal app with a reminder notification to help you remember to fill it out on a daily basis.
05 — A Letter To Your Future Self
This technique requires you to focus on a specific time frame — next year, 5 years from now, however long you’d like. Choose a time period and imagine how you’d like your life to look at that point. Do you long to cultivate more meaningful friendships, purchase your first home, start a family, begin an exercise program, follow a healthy eating plan, find your soulmate or move to a different part of the country?
Close your eyes and really try to visualize what your life will look like when your goals become reality. Then write a letter from your current self to your future self by providing details about what you have changed, how great you’ll feel and how grateful you are for the dreams you’ve manifested.
Let Go and Receive
Remember that it’s important to be consistent when practicing manifestation techniques — they probably won’t be as effective if you just practice them every now and then, but you should also remember to let go and not force things to happen before their time. Make manifesting a part of your daily life, but also ensure that you enter the receiving mode by trusting that everything unfolds in the time and way that’s best for you.
Stacy Mosel, LMSW, is a health and wellness writer as well as a licensed social worker, yoga enthusiast, certified Reiki practitioner and musician. She received a bachelor’s degree in music from the State University of New York at Stony Brook in 1999 and a Master of Social Work from New York University in 2002.
https://files.meetup.com/1550136/Abraham-Hicks – Ask_and_It_is_Given-.pdf