Experienced users know that CBD stands on its own merit as a beneficial supplement for mind and body. For everyone else, a little celebrity endorsement can go a long way.
These days, CBD’s reputation is growing in celebrity circles. Several well-known personalities in the world of film, fashion, and sports are among its most vocal advocates. You might be surprised to learn who swears by CBD and why. Some of these famous folks might even be talking about it from the red carpet of the next Golden Globe Awards in January:
1. Kim Kardashian West: In April, the reality television star made an unusual public profession of love for all things CBD: “I can’t do another baby shower. I can’t do another baby game. This year, because I’m freaking out so much, I just want a zen, like, CBD-themed baby shower. That is the theme.” Her fourth child with rapper Kanye West, a boy, was born in May.
2. Allesandria Ambrosio: The Victoria’s Secret runway model told Well + Good that she uses CBD oil to ease into sleep the night before her runway shows. “It’s hard because the mind gets anxious,” she said. Sounds well and good!
3. Nate Diaz: The mixed martial arts fighter risked suspension by smoking CBD at a media event after fighting Conor McGregor in 2016. “It helps with the healing process and inflammation, stuff like that,” Diaz said, “so you want to get these for before and after the fights, training. It’ll make your life a better place.” Diaz helped make the world a better place for other fighters who use CBD: the US Anti-Doping Agency subsequently removed CBD from its list of banned substances.
4. Kristen Bell: The actress told New York Magazine in 2018 that she uses CBD cream to alleviate back pain. “Five minutes after I did, I already felt 85 percent better,” she said. “I am completely sold.” Bell said she’s turned her friends on to CBD to help them find their Good Place.
5. Mandy Moore: Another NBC leading lady (“This Is Us”), Moore told The Coveteur that she rubbed CBD oil on her feet before walking the red carpet at the 2018 Golden Globe Awards. “As I’ve gotten older I just can’t hack being in heels for an extended period of time,” Moore said. Who among us can’t relate?
6. Busy Philipps: When she isn’t staying, um, busy on set, the actress uses CBD to help overcome her anxiety. Philipps told Health.com that she considers herself a “very strong proponent” of CBD gummies as part of a regimen for preventing panic attacks.
(All images credit: Fashion Stock. Shutterstock.com)